What is Cybin:
– Cybin is a company focused on progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilising proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders
– Psychedelics 2.0 = Inventing new molecules/delivery systems
– “Cybin Demonstrates Proof of Concept of Its Deuterated Tryptamines for the Treatment of Depression and Addiction”
– They are also researching on “Deuterated Tryptamines” (see below)
“Cybin’s business model is two-pronged, divided into its subsidiaries, Serenity Life Sciences and Nature’s Journey Inc. Serenity Life Sciences maintains a focus on psilocybin medication research and development, while Nature’s Journey Inc. innovates proprietary products and services to boost mental health and wellbeing.”
– not a new molecule but a novel delivery system of psilocybin
– sublingual intake (see pic), effect 3g = 25g in pill + faster
– great people on board (e.g Dennis McKenna = Board member, OG of psychedelics and would only align himself with the best of the best)
– CEO (Doug Drysdale) has 30 years of experience in the healthcare sector, completed 15 corporate acquisitions across three continents, and has raised $4 billion of both public and private capital
– Thomas Laughren “Former Head Of Psychiatry Products At FDA Joins Psychedelic Drug Developer Cybin”
– People on social media have a very positive opinion about Cybin
– Already 90M raised
– Public company $CYBN
– 10 patents on their products
– need to invest lot of money in clinical trails because their approach is new (e.g 600k for Phase 2a trail -> Identify the right dose in mg of the sublingual intake + Phase 2b with 120 patients = 2.9mil)
– There are other companies like Compass Pathways (already finished Phase 2b)or Usona or also work with psilocybin -> not first-mover advantage
– Many biotech companies say that they have/are working on a technology platform (Don’t even have a CTO and hiring no devs)
Add On – Kernel x Cybin Partnership (Video):
– Cybin will leverage Kernel’s Flow to quantify brain activity during psychedelic experiences in real time, adding an exciting dimension to its investigative work focused on developing breakthrough therapeutics for mental health disorders.
– “The ability to collect quantitative data from our sponsored drug development programs with Kernel’s Flow is potentially game-changing in terms of our ability to measure where psychedelics work in the brain in real-time, and how we ultimately design our future therapeutics. This new cornerstone component of our sponsored clinical programs follows a record-setting capital raise, listing on the NEO Exchange and the acquisition of Adelia Therapeutics Inc., which added significant scientific capabilities, novel molecules, delivery mechanisms and intellectual property.” – DOUG DRYSDALE CEO OF CYBIN
– Youtube: Cybin Deep Dive – Psychedelics 2.0, a Real Pharma CEO, Twists on DMT, and Mushroom Supplements?
– Reddit: What do you think about Cybin?
– Youtube: Cybin Investor Presentation- March 2021
– News: Cybin Demonstrates Proof of Concept of Its Deuterated Tryptamines for the Treatment of Depression and Addiction
I’m by far not an expert in this topic, I was just curious about what Cybin actually does and tried to put together some informations for my own curiosity. If you, the reader, find any misinformation please feel free to contact me so that I can correct my mistakes.